[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Comparison with cisco PIX 506e
 Date:  Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:48:05 -0500
Hi,

	Anyone has an idea of what kind of hardware with m0n0wall will be
similar to a 506e PIX?
http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps4336/c1650/ccmigration_09186a0080091b13.pdf

It runs on a 300 Mhz celeron, but I was wondering how it would compare
with a WRAP (266 Mhz).

It also states it can handle 25 000 connexions...

My plan is to protect a web server, so I don't really need VPN, etc. but
I'd like to know what features are included in the PIX that m0n0 hasn't
(IDS?).

Regards,
--
Ugo