[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Allgeyer <allgeyer at web dot de>
 To:  Stefan Frank <Mono dot General at RootServices dot Biz>
 Cc:  MonoWall-General List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Firewall Logs filter by Source/Destination HOST(Name)/IP ?
 Date:  Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:39:42 +0100
Am Donnerstag, den 10.11.2005, 07:57 +0100 schrieb Stefan Frank:
> I currently use monowall 1.2 and saw that its possible to make
> a lot of "filtering" by klick on a specific port, interface and so
> on. But wont it be usefull to click on the hostname/ip and get
> then only listed everything on all ports only from the same host?
That was on my personal wishlist. I thought about a way of filtering
hostnames or IP addresses, subnets etc.

> I can filter by a port but then i see all entrys on that work so other
> ips/hosts that are in the logs too. Shouldnt be so hard to get that
> added?
Simply by clicking on a special host/IP address, yes, not that problem.
Main problem for me was to find a good way of filtering not only for
special hosts but for the whole subnet the host is inside. Since I
didn't find any simple way, I gave up in favour of waiting for 1.3beta
and a solution for a live log.

> changes. The log thing that i ask above should be added imho :)
Provide me with a patch ;-)

BR,
  PIT

 copyleft(c) by |           "...Unix, MS-DOS, and Windows NT (also known
 Peter Allgeyer |   _-_     as the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly)." (By