[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PDS2300 - Install procedures
 Date:  Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:14:21 -0600
From: "David" <dlawley at gmail dot com>

> I tried a couple of dual intel nics on this unit, and one other older card
> but had (guessing it was not 3.3v) no reliable success. Seem to do well
> with
> the onboard nic and one standard nic in the slot. Guess that pci slot may
> not be completely standard or have some sort of timing issues. Have
> another
> slower neoware box (233 mhz) but was getting timeout errors on that one,
> but
> it would at least run but not lock up.

> Sure would like to find out what some of these jumpers are for. Some are
> easy to figure out but I have a group of them towards the back that I
> can't
> seem to find any info on.

I got a couple as well.  (all the cool kids have them)  Share the jumper
settings you do have. Anyway, the regular dimm slot works with pc100 and
booted with a 256 meg stick, but only recognized 128meg.  However, when I
put the so-dim back in it saw 162meg!  So it looks like 256 meg in the box
is possible with a slim enough stick of ram. :-)

                        Lee