[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Taylor <PaulTaylor at winn dash dixie dot com>
 To:  Adam Gibson <agibson at ptm dot com>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Continuously DNS Requests
 Date:  Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:42:51 -0500
What the matter?  Don't like my Firewall States table?  :)

Yes, I agree that this is a problem where the solution isn't obvious without
a sniffer, but the states table can give you good leads... He might have not
known there was a problem without it.

The states table uses a program that was already in the Monowall image, so
it mostly took the PHP code to call it, parse the result, allow sorting, and
perform the deltas on packets and bytes.

If you can find a command-line based sniffer application that is in the
50-100K range (including all supporting files), Manuel might let it slip
into production, if someone can make a decent interface for it.  Heck, I
might even give it a shot.

Paul