[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Peter Guhl <pgnews at siconline dot ch>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Can't PPTP to a FreeBSD-Box through m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:44:42 +0100
Hello all

The setup:
[client] ---> [m0n0wall 1.11]--------internet------>[PPTP-Server (mpd)]

The client can't establish the PPTP-Tunnel. I am puzzled since I
expected traffic from inside out to be no problem (www works).

As usual the error message from the MS-PPTP-Client isn't much help; it's
an "unknown error" happening somewhere during or after checking username
and password.

The Server is a FreeBSD-Box running mpd. It can be connected by numerous
employees around the world and VPN worked here too before we replaced
the old firewall (FreeBSD, IPFW) with m0n0wall.

Plan A is to make PPTP work.

Plan B is to establish an IPSEC-Tunnel between m0n0wall and Server. The
latter is already running Racoon. But the tunnel should not be up all
the time; it has to be turned on on demand by authorised personal. Using
the m0n0wall Webinterface is one way - do you know something easyer?

Regards
   Peter