[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Spectra" <mOnO at SpectraTechnology dot Net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  stephen at spectratechnology dot net
 Subject:  accessing wan addresses while on LAN or Optionals
 Date:  Thu, 17 Nov 2005 00:50:22 -0500 (EST)
"It is not possible to access NATed services using the WAN IP address
from within LAN (or an optional network)."

This is the note that is displayed in Firewall:NAT and also the outcome
that we experience when trying to access our mail server using a WAN
address.  It is quite inconvenient to have to switch IPs to the internet
address when we're on the LAN, so I am wondering if anyone has a
solution or some kind of hack to get the WAN address to resolve while
you're using a machine on the LAN.

Let me know what your experiences/fixes for this are.

--
m0n0 wanna be