[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave McCammon <davemac11 at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  MAC authentication only to radius server
 Date:  Thu, 17 Nov 2005 14:00:31 -0800 (PST)
Is there currently a way in m0n0wall's captive portal
to authenticate to a radius server with MAC address
only?
What I am looking for is that when the user gets to
the portal page they click a button and, if their MAC
address is in the radius server they are allowed
through. If not they get the radius authentication
error page to tell them they need to register their
machine.

The MAC addresses are in the radius server as username
and password.
The radius server is cisco's Secure ACS 3.3.
The access points will authenticate fine to the ACS
server as MAC only but we want to have a portal page
for everyone so we need m0n0wall to mac authenticate
them.

I'm currently using the
generic-cdrom-radius2_element_20051111_23-24.iso
downloaded from
http://inf.imelda.be/downloads/m0n0wall/.

thanks,
dave