[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Drago <dragotr at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  PPTP VPN disconnects after 30 min
 Date:  Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:14:54 -0500
Hello,

I checked the mailing lists and there is only one posting regarding the
problem I have with no answer. I hope someone has a solution or explanation
of the problem I have.

I'm running m0n0wall 1.2 (latest version available) CD edition. I'm able to
do PPTP VPN to the firewall - no problem but the connection disconnects
exactly after 30 min. I tested with Windows XP and Windows 2003 as a clients
- no difference. All machines are on local test LAN with the recommended set
up as per m0n0 manual. Windows event log shows PPTP VPN connection
established and 30 min later it gets disconnected. I read the manual and
searched through the mail list - couldn't find anything related or
explaining what the problem could be. Idle VPN or continuous ping through
the VPN makes no difference. m0n0 firewall is running on PIII 866 128 MB.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Drago