[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mark Dormer" <mark at inpac dot com dot au>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  1:1 routing issues
 Date:  Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:56:58 +1100
I have monowall on a 3 port soekris box

Using NAT

I can get individual ports to forward. eg. smtp or pop3 to a single host

I can't get 1:1 to work.

I have 2 class C IP address ranges, public ones.

I need to be able to connect to any of those 512 addresses from the
internet.

Internet <--> monowall <--> network xxx.xxx.16.0/23

Host 17.252 is mail server

Host 17.254 is www server

Host 17.254 also has another 30 ip addresses that are used for each website.

Rules like any source, any port, <-->  ip xxx.xxx.17.252, smtp,  work

I tried setting 1:1 to the full subnet xxx.xxx.16.0/23 but it doesn't seem
to pass any packets.

Is it possible to turn NAT off and just filter traffic?

I don't really need to translate just filter.

Regards

Mark Dormer