[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  "M0n0Wall ML" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] config file on CD
 Date:  Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:22:16 -0600
Sasa Stupar wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am using CD+floppy for m0n0wall. What I would like is now when I
> have my config done to put this config file onto the boot m0n0 CD so
> I don't need to use floopy anymore. Is this possible and how to do it?

I don't know the exact HOWTO, but you would need to edit the "default"
config that is in the compressed file system that is on the cd.

Basically, something like:
1) extract the iso to a file system (probably on a *BSD box...)
2) extract the root file system (a .gz file I think...)
3) edit the config.xml file to suit your needs (found somewhere in the
.gz..)
4) re-compress the root file system
5) re-create the iso file
6) burn to disk

I believe this has been addressed before on the list. Search for
something like "edit iso"

James W. McKeand