[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  IPsec VPN Help!!
 Date:  Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:00:13 -0700
I have a customer that is trying to set up an IPsec VPN behind our m0n0wall (1.2 stable).  He is
saying that his client is sending it's private address to the far end as the endpoint address and
the VPN host can't get back (to a private address across the internet).

This is the setup:

host  ----   m0n0   ----   client (IPsec)

I have assigned him a static public address in 1:1 NAT, he has a static address in his endpoint, and
the WAN rule is wide open to him.  The clients behind his router can access the internet, he can
access his endpoint remotely, but he can't get his tunnel open.

I don't know a lot about VPN's.  Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Aaron