[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  brett at woollum dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1:1 NAT works ok, but there's a catch?
 Date:  Fri, 18 Nov 2005 13:37:45 -0700
Hi all! I have recently installed monowall and it is AWESOME! I do have
one question, however. First I will describe my setup.

I have 5 static IP addresses from DSLExtreme. They are not a routed
subnet, simply 5 different addresses. Let's use the following:
x.193
x.198
x.205
x.209
x.251

These are all entered into the 1:1 NAT area and when I use the net with
a certain machine that I mapped it is working with the proper Public
IP. For instance I can go to http://www.whatismyip.com on the server
and it shows x.251, on the laptop it's x.205 etc.. So far it's working
great!

Now I need to be able to route port 80 to the server if it's comming
from x.251, 80 to the laptop if it's coming from x.205, etc. I need to
do more than 80, but you get the idea.

I went to Firewall:NAT:Imcoming and entered port 80 and then the
server's IP. It asks for the interface but the only option is active
interface (or whatever the default is). Now I can browse from outside
my network to ANY of my public IP's and they all go to the server - but
I only want x.251 to go to the server!

If anyone can suggest anything else I would greatly appriciate it!

If you are interested, here are some pictures of the new m0n0wall setup!
http://woollum.com/router/100_5387.jpg
http://woollum.com/router/100_5389.jpg

Thanks for helping and I hope I was descriptive enough to get the idea
of what I am trying to accomplish across OK..
Brett W