[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.2 PPTP automagicly opens 1723 port?
 Date:  Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:55:46 -0500
On 11/18/05, Drago <dragotr at gmail dot com> wrote:
> this has been discussed already. you can add deny rule on the external
> interface to prevent access to port 1723.

no, you can't.  The allow rule is automatically added before any
user-defined rules.

as for it not being like this before, it's been like this since at
least 1.0, can't speak for versions prior to that as I've never used
them.

I'd agree it would be nice to have an advanced option to unhide the
rules for things like PPTP, IPsec, etc.

-Chris