[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chet Harvey <chet at pittech dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN through Proxy server
 Date:  Fri, 18 Nov 2005 18:12:32 -0500
ah ok so your company has an HTTP proxy and blocks all other traffic at the
firewall. Pretty standard setup. Only way to get around somthing like that is
something like htunnel or stunnel. Essentially send your traffic over an
authorized port like 80 or 443.

What you could do is find if they have any other outbound ports. Then to access
your system at home is use the RDP client on that port. At home setup your m0n0
to repond to that port you are coming from and NAT to your RDP box on 3389.

As an example, my work lets port 9911 out for AIM. I set my NAT to *:9911 ->
internal_RDP_server:3389 and it works like a charm.

Chet