[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: m0n0wall DNS
 Date:  Sat, 19 Nov 2005 15:01:53 +0500
recursive queries in DNS are queries that ask the DNS server to ask
upstream if the DNS server does not know the answer itself. Probably
the servers you have specified are not good (not all DNS servers
perform recursive queries - they may just provide answers for the
domain they look after).

However make sure that you have not blocked incoming DNS packets, and
that your own DNS servers are not looped into each other.

sai