[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  bimbo <samba at legnago dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: IPsec VPN Help!!
 Date:  Sat, 19 Nov 2005 19:53:06 -0500
On 11/19/05, bimbo <samba at legnago dot org> wrote:
> Anthony Paul ha scritto:
>
> > This is definitely possible, as long as one end has a static IP.  I have
> > it setup that way for a satellite office to connect to the main office.
> > M0n0 at each end, static IP at the main office.
>
> I haven't a static ip.
> Is it possible however?

if one of the sides has a static IP, it is possible.  The remote site
will have to be set up as a mobile client.  I've used a configuration
like that, and it works fine, with one caveat.  The side without the
static IP has to initiate traffic to bring up the tunnel.  If you need
to get to something at the site that has the dynamic IP, unless you
run something (like a constant ping from the dynamic side) that keeps
the tunnel up, you'll be stuck.

-Chris