[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Toni Carbonell <tcarbonell at accesinformatic dot com>
 Subject:  newbie question
 Date:  Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:32:59 +0100
Hi. I'm new with m0n0... yes.. the typical guy who asks basic questions,
that maybe have been answered before but the so called "new bie" didn't
find in the forum...
so... sorry for my question and with no more preamble.. here I go!

I discovered m0n0 yesterday. I think that it will match my needs. I have
a DSL connection with static IP and a LAN.
I have a new PC with 2 ethernet cards, a floppy and a CD with m0n0.
I have done some basic configuration: assigned LAN and WAN adapters with
the correct IPs and created two "critical" rules: allow any conection
from/to any port in both adapters.
I can ping from the LAN to the LAN adapter in the m0n0 PC... but I can't
access internet.
LAN PCs have the LAN IP of m0n0 as the gateway.
What is wrong?.. I know that is dificult to say, but maybe someone can
give me some light.

The strange thing is that from the m0n0 console I can't ping anything...
every test reports "timeout"

Maybe the problem is the wan configuration? The WAN IP is my static IP,
and the mask and gateway the same that works in my actual router.

any hint?

anyone from Spain with Telefonica DSL Static IP connection?

Thanks and hope that soon I can answer questions the the group.