[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Soren Vanggaard Jensen" <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Mono lockup - status?
 Date:  Sun, 20 Nov 2005 19:46:21 +0000
Hi,

I'd like to know the status regarding the generic PC lockup issue. I've been
using monowall for approx 4 months now - various hw configurations, network
configurations etc. and i've had frequent lockups since the beginning.

I'm getting pretty desperate. The firewall is currently protecting 15-20
PC's and approx. 6 servers. These systems are business critical, hence i
typically have to start my car and drive to the offfice in order to restart.

At the moment I'm unsure if the lockups are caused by my particular IP
setup, the hardware or some underlying OS problem. I know that there has
been other reports of lockups and there's a dedicated lockup bug description
page. What i don't know is if anyone has a stable generic PC image running.
If anyone has a generic PC image based monowall runnning with an uptime of
more than say 30 days, please let me now. I would also be very interested in
your particular configuration. With a little luck i can reconfigure my
system to increase stability.

Also i have every possibility to monitor the firewall continiously. Please
let me know what to look for. I'd really like to help in finding the
problem.

Regards