[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IPsec m0n0 as a client
 Date:  Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:42:37 -0600
Alen Stimec wrote:
> Helo!
>
> I have a Question regardin IPSEC tunel.
>
> I would like to connect to a Nortel ipsec server with m0n0.
> The company running Nortel gave me the needed data to enter in the
> Nortel contivity but i would like to use m0n0 for these porpouse.
> so:
>
> They need aggressive, DES, MD5 with preshared key, The Identifier is a
> simple Ascii input like "IM5UT". but I cant find in M0n0 to use a
> general Identifier like that.(only Ip, domain...)
>
> I have to connect as a Ipsec CLIENT  and they also gave me one private
> (10.126.x.x) IP to put it as a alias of LAn interface and to be  the
> the default IPsec gateway.

In other VPNs I have used, I used an identifier that was a simple word
but the "type" was "Domain Name".

This is with the SonicWall GroupVPN that is created by default. The
settings file that you export from the SonicWall and import into the
Client software (branded SafeNet SoftRemote) sets the "ID type" to
"Domain Name" and the "ID" to "GroupVPN". With all the settings for
connection correctly set for the SonicWall (Gateway address, Remote
Subnet, etc).

Based on that, I assume that you could set the drop down on the "My
identifier" to "Domain Name" and use the name supplied by the remote
site. I don't think "User FQDN" would work.

Give it a try - the worst that could happen is it not connect...

James W. McKeand