[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  Soren Vanggaard Jensen <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mono lockup - status?
 Date:  Mon, 21 Nov 2005 09:02:42 +0100
On 21.11.05 06:24 +0000, Soren Vanggaard Jensen wrote:

> I did fill out the survey. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't found
> any similarities. How many answers have you recieved? Which (and

21 so far.

> how) services would you suggest that i start with? Also if you'd

The one thing that I suspect the most right now is that it could be
(indirectly) caused by ipfw/dummynet. If you can live without the
traffic shaper for a couple of days, try disabling it and see if the
lockups go away. Make very sure that ipfw is actually unloaded -
probably best to reboot after disabling the shaper. If that doesn't
make any difference, another thing we could try is to build an 1.2
image with the kernel from 1.2b9.

Also, there are no messages on the console when the machine locks up,
and even the console doesn't respond anymore - correct?

Good luck,

Manuel