[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1:1 NAT works ok, but there's a catch?
 Date:  Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:27:51 -0500
On 11/21/05, brett at woollum dot com <brett at woollum dot com> wrote:
> Whoops! I do actually have different external IP's there! I just forgot
> to change it because I used copy/paste in that email. The Maincomputer
> is on 198, and the server is on 251.  I am STILL trying to forward
> these ports so maybe someone has another idea? Thanks!

do you see the traffic getting dropped every time?  If not, if you
enable logging on the pass rule do you see it getting passed?  If you
go to whatismyip.com from the internal hosts, does it indeed show them
being properly 1:1 NAT'ed to that public IP?  What exactly is the
firewall rule (should be source IP any, source port any, destination
IP the private IP of the box, destination port which ever service you
want open (80 or whatever)).

-Chris