[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  thomas dot serra at bluewin dot ch
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall as a PPTP VPN server
 Date:  Tue, 22 Nov 2005 01:08:46 +0100
Good evening,

I recently discovered m0n0wall. It seems to be a very interesting product.
It shall probably fit my needs as a firewall/router device. The only thing
which is not completely clear to me is regarding its VPN capabilities. Here
are my needs :

Scenario:

Windows XP outside office users should be able to open VPN connections to
a small MS-Workgroup network.

Users should be able to see all shared drives, shared printers and connect
to their office desktop machine using the MS Remote Desktop tool (RDP).

Questions :

- Does m0n0wall act as PPTP VPN server?
- Will my outside XP machines be completely integrated to the MS-Workgroup
network?

|   Windows XP machines (at home)
|    ADSL-modem_at_home

  ( evil internet)