[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Don Munyak <don dot munyak at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, sasa at stupar dot homelinux dot net
 Subject:  Fwd: Fwd: [m0n0wall] Logging to syslog server
 Date:  Tue, 22 Nov 2005 09:07:12 -0500
So...

1. m0n0wall is setup to route syslog packets to syslog server.
2. syslog server is running properly.

Is m0n0wall showing any logged events in the firewall tab of Diagnostic\logs?
If so, do you see any traffic being blocked for port 514?
Are you able to use Ethereal to see what's going on?
Is there possibly a firewall on the syslog server?

>>  I have started syslog with option -a 192.168.1.1/24 (this is DMZ NIC of
>> m0n0wall). I got nothing in the logs on either servers.

I am a little confused about this. can you explain further ?

-Don