[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Graham, Robert" <rgraham at mem dash ins dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Transparent Proxy Support
 Date:  Tue, 22 Nov 2005 08:52:56 -0600
I have search the archives and found "somewhat conflict posts" regarding transparent proxy support
with M0n0wall.  Our company is implementing a wireless LAN for Vendors, Board Members etc.  This
wireless LAN will be seperate from our production network, however for litigation issues we would
like to implement a proxy server (Smartfilter integrated with squid) on the wireless network.  The
problem that I am having is,  I don't want to configure every vendors laptop for proxy setting when
they come to visit, nor do I want the proxy server on the external side of m0nowall.  I was hoping
for M0n0wall to intercept any http/https request and redirect them to the proxy, where the proxy is
located on the LAN or OPT interface.  Is this something that m0n0wall can do or would pfsense be
better suited for this?

Thanks
Robert Graham