[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Ugo Bellavance <ugob at camo dash route dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: Mono lockup - status?
 Date:  Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:33:41 -0500
Soren Vanggaard Jensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
>
> I've already tried 3 different hw platforms. An old AMD K6/Dlink Nics,
> An old PIII with RealTek NICS and at the moment I'm running Monowall on
> a Dell SC430 with Broadcom NICs. The problem is the same - although the
> frequency of lockups has been different. At the moment the lockups occur
> with 2-5 days in between.
>
> I'm convinced that the problem is related to my particular
> configuration  (posted earlier). I have a /28 public network and a LAN
> with a couple of "private" firewalls behind. I'm using traffic shaping
> to ensure QoS for VoIP applications.
>
> In order to track down the problem I'd like to see some working
> configurations. Especially configurations including traffic shaping and
> multiple IP addresses. Also if there's something that i could monitor
> that would suggest what is wrong. I've been monitoring CPU usage, Mem
> usage and mbufs (netstat -m) without finding anything unusual. Also the
> throughput is generally very low.

<snip>

I've been using 1.11 w/o problem and now 1.2 w/o problem.  My current
uptime on 1.2 is 45 days, and I think 1.1 ran for over 100 days w/o problem.

I'm using the magic shaper traffic shaping.  We do have 2 Vonage phones
here, but I haven't found time/necessity to play with shaping yet.  The
firewall is running on an old dell with 2 3com 905 and one (netgear, I
think) dc-based chipset NIC.  The latter is connected to the net (fiber
optics) and the two others are connected to the lan (100 mbps) and DMZ
(100 mbps).  I'm using 1-to-1 NAT for the DMZ servers and inbound nat as
well to expose some other stuff temporarily.  There are 2 servers in the
LAN and 2 in the DMZ, and ~10 workstations in the LAN.

Hope this helps,
--
Ugo

irrelevant parts in your replies.