[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sasa Stupar <sasa at stupar dot homelinux dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Logging to syslog server
 Date:  Wed, 23 Nov 2005 11:17:00 +0100
--On 22. november 2005 9:17 -0800 Cameron Showalter <cameron at gwschool dot com>
wrote:

> Sasa Stupar wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I am trying to make m0n0wall to log to syslog server but I get
>> nothing. I have started syslog with option -a 192.168.1.1/24 (this is
>> DMZ NIC of m0n0wall).
>> I got nothing in the logs on either servers.
>> What am I missing here?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sasa

> what OS are you running on the syslog server?    On one of my redhat
> servers I have the following option set in /etc/sysconfig/syslog
>
> SYSLOGD_OPTIONS="-m 0 -r"
>
> from everything i've read -r tells syslog to listen for remote data, and
> log it to /var/log/messages
>
> hth
> cameron

It runs on FreeBSD 5.4. Here is the link for the man page for syslogd on
FreeBSD
<http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=syslogd&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.4-stable&format=html>

In my /etc/defaults/rc.conf I have:
syslogd_flags="-s -a 192.168.1.1/24"	# Flags to syslogd (if enabled).

Regards,
Sasa