[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mono lockup - status?
 Date:  Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:37:31 -0700
"most field lockups i've seen have been caused by an overheated CPU, which
is fixed by a reboot."

After reading this I did some checking and found very high temperatures in
my units - all of them 1 rack unit, mounted on top of each other in a
cabinet that houses a lot of other networking gear (the cabinet is
pressurized for cooling).  I found the most used box to be very hot to the
touch (mostly around the RAM) - hot enough that while I was spacing them
apart it hurt my hand while holding it.  So, after putting one rack space
between them all (3 m0n0wall's in this cabinet), they have been running a
lot cooler.

Just over 5 days now and no issues.  I will update as the days go on.

Thanks Dinesh for the idea.

Aaron