[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] VPN client trouble behind m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 25 Nov 2005 00:49:50 +0000
Hi,

In message <1653 dot 66 dot 133 dot 190 dot 63 dot 1132878756 dot squirrel at www dot seezar dot com>,
Gregory Abbott <blondguyg at seezar dot com> writes

>> No Port numbers? Give us:
>> a) raw log from m0n0wall (both, accepted and denied packets)
>> b) an output of tcpdump from your client
>>

>Here is a raw log from the m0n0wall, looks like its only showing denied
>packets, I must be missing the setting to log all accepted packets?):
>
>19:28:13.677251 sis0 @0:21 b 66.133.170.14 -> 10.5.27.23 PR udp len 20
>(252) (frag 8248:232@1480) IN
>19:28:08.681478 sis0 @0:21 b 66.133.170.14 -> 10.5.27.23 PR udp len 20
>(252) (frag 8247:232@1480) IN
>19:28:06.684526 sis0 @0:21 b 66.133.170.14 -> 10.5.27.23 PR udp len 20
>(252) (frag 8246:232@1480) IN
>19:27:58.685372 sis0 @0:21 b 66.133.170.14 -> 10.5.27.23 PR udp len 20
>(252) (frag 8245:232@1480) IN

It looks like you've encountered a similar problem to me, except I was
running Checkpoint's SecuRemote!

It looks like the rule is blocking fragmented packets.  Go into the rule
that is granting you access to the server and select the 'Allow
fragmented packets'.

Once I did that, SecuRemote burst into life.

HTH,

                                Neil.