[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mono at wiredplace dot com
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] For anyone using a Dlink 300T or X-modem
 Date:  Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:50:15 +0000 (GMT)
OK, finally got monowall set up using an x-modem. I'm using the modified
image.

It all works fine except the WAN connection seems to time out after a
while, DNS is not available (except for local) and the only way to get it
running again is to release the DHCP lease on the WAN interface and renew
it again.

After that everything springs to life, why is it doing this?

The dhcp lease on the x-modem is very short so I don't see why I have to
manually release it.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Steve