[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dave Warren <maillist at devilsplayground dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mono lockup - status?
 Date:  Fri, 25 Nov 2005 04:14:00 -0700
Chris Buechler wrote:
> Did you fill out the survey?  There's nothing common between the
> systems for people who did fill out the survey, and nobody that can
> replicate the problem has offered to help track it down.

I'm not sure if anybody remembers, but at one point in the 1.2beta cycle
I started experiencing lockups on known-good hardware with a known-good
XML (with a month+ of uptime on the previous version)

Using the old CD fixed the problem, so the hardware and config was known
good.

I ended up nuking my XML and starting over from scratch and the problem
ceased.  I still don't know what was causing the problem, but if anyone
is experiencing lockups and wants to give a random shot in the dark a
try, it couldn't hurt.

In my case I printed each and every GUI screen and reconfigured using
the GUI.  If I was smart, I would have kept an original XML that was
locking up and compared it with one that wasn't, but unfortunately I
wasn't that smart :(

--
 "Posting at the top because that's where the cursor happened to
   be is like shitting in your pants because that's where your