[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] For anyone using a Dlink 300T or X-modem
 Date:  Fri, 25 Nov 2005 13:00:38 -0000
> It all works fine except the WAN connection seems to time out
> after a while, DNS is not available (except for local) and
> the only way to get it running again is to release the DHCP
> lease on the WAN interface and renew it again.

What does "after a while" mean? When I was using the X-Modem, I used to find
I'd have to release/renew manually every 10-14 days, but in all honesty I
put this down to the ISP being weird.

What network cards are you using in the m0n0 box? Is it possible that the
WAN interface card is rejecting the DHCPOFFER that comes back from the
X-Modem? Might be worth posting the relevant bits of m0n0's dhcp logfile
around the time that you lose the WAN interface.

Regards,

Chris