[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dee Lowndes <dee at asyouneed dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: AW: [m0n0wall] VPN Strangeness
 Date:  Fri, 25 Nov 2005 15:01:02 +0000
>It needs a timeout. About 10-20 minutes after client has disconnected
>another client behind the same nat can connect again.

Does anyone know how to shorten this time out?

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 14:41 +0000, Dee Lowndes wrote:
> But surely this shouldn't stop me connecting when I have already
> disconnected from the VPN on the other PC? As current method requires me
> to disconnect VPN of PC A then log into m0n0 reset states in order for
> me to connect via PC B.
>
> Dee
>

> > On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 15:33 +0100, Holger Bauer wrote:
> > > Not strange at all. PPTP protocol doesn't work well through NAT. You would need a PPTP-proxy
to divide the different sessions. It's not possible to connect to the same PPTP server with more
than one client through the same Nated IP (as source and destination IP of  the traffic is the same
it can't be divided into different session without analyzing the packet's content).