[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Aaron with Morad" <aaronc at morad dot ab dot ca>
 To:  "Dinesh Nair" <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Mono lockup - status?
 Date:  Fri, 25 Nov 2005 09:00:20 -0700
On 11/24/05 20:58 Danish Nair said the following:

>what hardware are they[1] ? the soekris boxes shouldn't need cooling, and
>if they're rackmounted servers instead, i'd check why the CPU/chassis fan
>isnt cooling the box.

They are Lex Systems CV860A's, rack mount, with 3 Realtek NICs, 800 MHz
processor, 256 MB RAM, 128 MB CF card.  The only fan in them is on the
processor.  There is other gear in the cabinet that creats a lot of heat.
Temp probe shows the CPU sitting around 110 degrees and the RAM around 95
degrees.  I have some small fans here I think I will add to the cases.

Aaron