[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Enterprise m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 25 Nov 2005 12:42:26 -0600
From: "PlanAlpha" <plan dot alpha at gmail dot com>

> Have any of the m0n0 developers considered setting themselves up to be
> a commercial entity that still devs open code but will support it
> commercially? (which in my opinion is a GREAT business model)

I am doing something like this.  I am with a company, and a firewall  is
part of the service we sell.  m0n0wall is what we use, and we have a few
different hardware configurations.  As we are selling an entire service, the
firewall is just a part of it.

> I was also thinking about the feasibility of having an "Enterprise"
> generic-pc image that would be geared for bigger implementations, (for
> example, having higher number of pptp connections,  clustering,

They are out there.  Furthermore, those small changes are relatively easy to
do.  I have been working on a small portable development environment based
on qemu.  It should run on anything (even Win98, if you have the ram) but it
is still very Alpha.  However, my point is that this is being done now.

And if you want, I will sell you a firewall, and support it for a small fee.
:-)

                        Lee