[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kim Moberg (BCS)" <Kim dot Moberg at bcsygehus dot dk>
 To:  "Jack Pivac" <email at delphinus dot co dot nz>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] problems with Captive Portal. No access to the internet with the Captive Portal service enabled
 Date:  Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:55:52 +0100
Hi,
No I have by default used the standard settings, to see how it worked. Then I would change the
settings for the website. I don't use any form for authentication at all.. some time I just see the
test *.html page, and I can click the next button, and then I can suft the internet..

The problem is that first I test with 1 laptop, and it works in random.. If I add more clients to
the hotspot, they can't just get any webpage at all..

It you need some more presicely setup configuration.  |LAN| 10.102.1.1/16 and |WAN| 10.99.0.250/24
and I don't run any DHCP server on the m0n0wall, insteed I use out Win3k DHCP to give the client
they info that way through. All addresses are behind my firewall.

Trying to set it up in my company with approx 1000 users, so I just can't change the network
infrastrukture, and I just want to do a sort of logging which client uses the hotspot. The hotspot
solution is free for quests, but the law in DK need to be more restict, so, thats the reason I need
this concept to work.

I hope some of the information are to any help. I can test it with the new created html page and see
if it works.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards
Kim Moberg