[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  thomas dot serra at bluewin dot ch
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  How can I handle multiple PPTP connections
 Date:  Sat, 26 Nov 2005 05:07:01 +0100
Good morning,

Refering to an answer posted yesterday by Holger Bauer :

http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=223/45

I'm worried about the possibility of making simultaneous
connections to my MS-Workgroup network.

The goal is to be able for users to connect their office
machine machines.

The users simultaneously connect m0n0wall's PPTP VPN server
and then connect their machines using MS Remote Desktop.

According to the mentioned post this is not possible. Right?

If so how can I handle multiple PPTP connections to my network?

Find below a schema showing an example of what I need :
Two users accessing their office desktop machines from home

[ windows-xp  user-1   ]     [ windows-xp  user-2   ]
[ connecting from home ]     [ connecting from home ]
[        ADSL          ]     [       ADSL           ]
          |                            |
          |                            |
          |                            |
          |                            |
          -----------     -------------
                     |   |
                     |   |
                 { Internet }
                     |   |
                     |   |
                     |   |
               [ ADSL - Office ]

         [ PPTP VPN Server - m0n0wall ]

                  [ switch ]
                    | | | |
                    | | | |
                    | | | |
    [winxp-1]  [winxp-2]  [winxp-3] [winxp-4]