[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "James W. McKeand" <james at mckeand dot biz>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How can I handle multiple PPTP connections
 Date:  Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:44:02 -0600
thomas dot serra at bluewin dot ch wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> Refering to an answer posted yesterday by Holger Bauer :
>
> http://m0n0.ch/wall/list/showmsg.php?id=223/45
>
> I'm worried about the possibility of making simultaneous
> connections to my MS-Workgroup network.
>
> The goal is to be able for users to connect their office
> machine machines.
>
> The users simultaneously connect m0n0wall's PPTP VPN server
> and then connect their machines using MS Remote Desktop.
>
> According to the mentioned post this is not possible. Right?
>
> If so how can I handle multiple PPTP connections to my network?

The posting is referring to the issue that will arise if two users
behind the same NAT will have connecting the same PPTP server. This is
not a m0n0wall specific issue - it is a PPTP issue. The PPTP server will
be confused if there are two connections from the same IP - I think...
If two of your users are roommates and share a cable modem that they
have connected to a Linksys (or any NAT - including m0n0wall) - both of
them will not be able to connect to the office.

As long as you don't have any roommate issues, the m0n0wall will accept
multiple PPTP connections (up to 16 connections on default image...)

James W. McKeand