[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Dinesh Nair <dinesh at alphaque dot com>
 To:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at market dash analyst dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Wegui SSL Pros and Cons
 Date:  Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:34:17 +0800
On 11/25/05 14:53 Mark Wass said the following:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I thought when you use HTTPS that it made use of encryption, why would I
> use a SSL cert if I'm using HTTPS?

true, but then you'd be using the default cert which came with your
m0n0wall. uploading a new cert allows you to change this, if you'd like.
the new cert could be one signed by a corporate CA, for example. if this
doesnt bother you, then by all means continue using the default cert which
comes with m0n0wall. using it doesnt degrade security or encyrption in any way.