[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Adam Armstrong" <adama dash lists at memetic dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Enterprise m0n0wall?
 Date:  Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:58:31 +0100
> We're currently trialling both m0n0wall and pfsense for deployment at
> customer sites. The pfsense guys are currently in the process of
making it
> play nicely with compact flash and other embedded boot methods, and it
> looks
M0n0wall already does play with it very nicely...

> like it'll work nicely when they're finished. We're using their
embedded
> cf
> images at the moment in a few places. Not quite at the stability level
of
> m0n0wall, but it's getting there!
>
> My plan is to use m0n0wall for small things, probably using soekeris
> boards
> and pfsense for larger deployments running from CF on larger security
> appliances.

M0n0wall already runs very nice for larger security appliances. That's
also the reason why I'm trying to implement enterprise class radius
support for it. (and like others are doing for different feature's)

> The two things which I'd like to have are easy rebrandability so I
> could call them OnyxWall Mini and OnyxWall Pro ;) and perhaps the
ability
> add lower-access users so customers could gain access to status
screens.

Paul Taylor is working on this so expect it in later releases...