[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Kim Moberg \(BCS\)" <Kim dot Moberg at bcsygehus dot dk>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] problems with Captive Portal. No access to the internet with the Captive Portal service enabled
 Date:  Sun, 27 Nov 2005 12:48:00 +0100
> This would be quiet easy to setup..
>
> I work at a hospital where right know trying to configure a free
> wireless hotspot solution using m0n0wall to test.
Funny, the same here...
I also work in a hospital at belgium and programmed on m0n0wall for the
same reason :) But the radius support was at that moment very limited,
that's why I started to expand the whole code to leverage it to an
enterprise class device...

> As describes earlier
> my intense to use m0n0wall are the Captive Portal solution in the
first
> place.
> In DK the laws except that you lock data traffics in some way, and if
> have to do so, maybe I want to give access to that user comparing with
> social security number. In that way we ensure that the wi-fi users
> really are that user, and not Donald Duck or something like that. Do
you
> understand what I want do?
Yes
> This is a future wish, but not necessary the right solution!
Don't know here what you mean with this. What feature?
Locking data traffic is something you do on the RADIUS side, not on the
m0n0wall side and it works like a charm...

> So I have look for a tool like webadmin to access a radius server ex.
> Free Radius where you can create users and insert information into the
> users administrations, so that we can track down who is using the
> internet.
Possible with IAS and Freeradius. I'm using freeradius with webfrontends
to configure users etc...

J.