[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Martins Purins <mpurins at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive portal timeout
 Date:  Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:23:13 +0200
Hello
For testing purposes I set up captive portal with following settings
PC throught HUB is connected to m0n0wall firewall router.
m0n0wall 1.2
Interface LAN
Idle timeouts 2
Hard timeout 5
Enable popup
redirect url http://my.site.com
Radius auth with no accounting updates and without "reauthenticate
connected userS"
portal page content is default as shown in sample.

After 5 minutes (hard timeout) client is not able to reauthenticate,
because auth page not appear. It is not possible to open pages outside
LAN and authentication page also not appear
I removed hard timeout, but the same problem happened after 2 minutes
(iddle timeout).

It seems, that I have problem with url redirection after timeout to my router
page http://my.router:8000.

How it is possible to solve this problem?
Thanks