[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "Andrew Hull" <list at racc2000 dot com>, "Thibodeau, Dale" <dthibode at uwc dot edu>, "Bernie O'Connor" <Bernie dot OConnor at sas dot com>, <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Subject:  RADIUS2 release which adds support for RADIUS MAC authentication and bugfixes
 Date:  Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:41:33 +0100

28-Nov-2005 19:34 - STATUS: working
        * Adds support for RADIUS MAC Authentication
        Due to security reasons RAD MAC Auth will not work if you leave
        secret empty.
        * Adds support for max connections per ip to the captive portal
        * bugfixes in the element manager
        * Several bugfixes in the whole code
        * MAJOR!!! code and function cleanup and better use of function
        * Addition of radiusvendor HP (selectbox), this will sent a
NAS-IP-Address based
        on the current wan ip address into radius authentication packets
        this seems stable then it will be implemented also in
RAD_Accounting and
        become the default)
        * Better error handling: If accounting fails but authentication
        the user will still be logged in.
        This because we have support for 2 radius servers and accounting
        will only be sent to the primary server. Only the first
        failure (during login) will be logged.

The code cleanup is definitely the most work.

This release is already tested in my test environment.

Enjoy and don't forget to give me updates on stability etc...

The stable radius features will go in the stable M0n0wall v1.21 which
will be released very soon.

Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator
Imelda vzw