[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Odd error applying custom images
 Date:  Mon, 28 Nov 2005 12:47:31 -0600
I discovered a problem while trying to apply one of the fantastic Radius
images from Jonathan De Graeve.  I doubt it is this image, but I am giving
all data.  I was using the CF IDE part from
http://ec.transcendusa.com/product/ItemDetail.asp?ItemID=TS16MDOM40V  If I
would flash the 1.2 stable, I had no problems.  Using physdiskwrite to flash
two different images from Jonathan (16-35 and 23-23) it would fail with
"16252928 bytes writtenWrite error after 16252928 bytes (8192)." If I
attempted a firmware upgrade from 1.2 stable to either radius image, on
reboot, it would not find the config.xml, and sleep.  When flashed to a
standard IDE hard drive (Fujitsu 4 gig) everything was fine.  This failure
is repeatable with different (same type, but 5 different ones) CF IDE
drives, and different images from Jonathan.  It's sucess is repeatable with
1.2 stable and 1.11 stable on all of the CF IDE drives.  Any thoughts?

                        Lee