[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Odd error applying custom images
 Date:  Mon, 28 Nov 2005 21:10:35 +0100
The compressed image is 5,42MB

Uncompressed used in files: 9.6MB

The filesystem actually is 16MB and will be 16MB when it's written to
flash.

I will release images with kernel 4.11-p13 within 1 hour. These images
will replace the latest ones.

> All of the docs on the m0n0 site say 8 meg flash.
Indeed 8meg flash, but my images extend them and 8meg isn't enough.

From features.txt on my website:

Recommended amount of memory: 256MB
Minimum flash size: 16MB
Recommended flash size: 32MB

> largest images were 6.29 meg, and currently 5.42 meg.  But a 16 meg
flash
> is
> not large enough?  Is there any way around this, as I have 5 of these
and
> they are not easily returnable.  And if I get a 32 meg flash, how soon
> will
> we out grow that?

Don't know, not much if we stay at the current feature set. More when
dynamic routing etc comes into play (which I think maybe for enterprise
version of m0n0wall). If you would buy new CF media start with a minimum
of 64MB (I'm using 256MB usb sticks from sandisk mini-cruzer, they are
very cheap (36EURO's) and they fit in the inside of the HP DL320/DL1x0
servers.

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve