[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Odd error applying custom images
 Date:  Mon, 28 Nov 2005 15:55:27 -0600
From: "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>

> The compressed image is 5,42MB

> Uncompressed used in files: 9.6MB

> The filesystem actually is 16MB and will be 16MB when it's written to
> flash.

> From features.txt on my website:

> Recommended amount of memory: 256MB
> Minimum flash size: 16MB
> Recommended flash size: 32MB

But I am on a 16 meg flash.  I guess I am the only one stupid enough to get
this close, :-) but is it possible your 16 meg filesystem went over a tad?
One byte would be enough.  Or could it be the 1000 != 1024 marketing
gimmick? (I would think not, but the specs are unclear)  The reason I ask is
a 16 meg is $15, a 32 meg $19 and a 64 meg is $25.  Have to justify double
the component cost to the bean counters.  That and the "restocking fee" I
will have to explain. :-(

                        Lee