[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: Odd error applying custom images
 Date:  Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:14:02 +0100
>And what is the secret for making the filesystem != 8 meg?  I have been

>looking around, but I think it is one of those things where it is
inherent
>in the tool, so not well documented in m0n0wall.
Crunching the image filesystem to 7MB ;)

There's a difference between the image filesystem and the memory
filesystem (which can be larger then the image filesystem) In my current
images the image filesystem is 7MB and the memory filesystem 16MB. But
the physical image filesystem is written to the flash so it will fit
perfectly, even the memory fs is bigger... (the MFS is uncompressed
during boot)

> Is it built into the tools like m0n0image.php and Chris's
workon.pl?
Don't know anything about these tools, just wrote my own ones :)

>For example, if I open up and recompress your big image, would
>it accidentally make it 8 meg and break something?

Only when your mfs size is smaller then the actual needs for it

> And will this happen in
>the future?  My first "release" will be the development environment for

>beginners, so I want to make sure it works!  Thanks again,

Maybe, can't answer that question.

J.

--
Jonathan De Graeve