[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with ethernet driver
 Date:  Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:18:33 -0600
From: "Daniel Ling" <daniel at argentra dot com>

>    Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by "bouncing", it looks like the
> driver is forcing the NIC into a 10mbit/half-duplex mode.
> As the system also has a PCMCIA slot, I plugged in an Intel/Xircom
> 10/100+56
> PCMCIA card, the m0n0wall console shows that the system has a card
> inserted
> but then it did not detect the card although it is listed in the hardware
> list. Do I need to find some way to add the driver? Thanks

Using ifconfig to take it down and then up.  Since you can not get in at
all, from the console, 1) assign network ports. (This does the same thing)
If it comes up at that point, you just need an ifconfig in the config.xml to
"bounce" the nics on boot.  This is common with the Compaq tlan cards, but
this is the first time I have seen it on a realtek.

                        Lee