[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Jonathan De Graeve" <Jonathan dot De dot Graeve at imelda dot be>
 To:  =?iso-8859-2?Q?Luk=E1=B9_Gergel?= <admin at pykaso dot net>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall-dev] Radius and MAC address controll
 Date:  Tue, 29 Nov 2005 18:53:51 +0100

>>I'm very happy too.  :-)
>Unfortunately i can't now test it.
>MAC controll  in mono can't allow access when user use other port than 80.
>It's this version much better than MAC controll in mono ?

No at this moment you still have to hit the captive portal to get access.

It should be possible to checkout all mac addresses that are in the host table and put them in a db.
If they match a radius accept then allow access.

I don't see this implemented for 2reasons:
1)The mac table times out when there's inactivity for a certain time (but you can assume login out
the user then)
2) very processor intensive...

I like the current method and it aint to hard for users to open up a browser.

I definitely not going to change the current behaviour by first hitting port 80...

If you're talking about having servers on the same segment, there's another option 'Allowed IP
addresses' that may be more suitable for what you're trying todo

--
Jonathan De Graeve
Network/System Administrator

---------
Always read the manual for the correct way to do things because the number of incorrect ways to do
things is almost infinite