[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Wass <mark dot wass at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall Routing and NAT Question
 Date:  Thu, 01 Dec 2005 00:08:03 +1000
Hi All

I would like to know if I could do NAT from the WAN to the OPT1
interface. Here is my setup:

        Server#1 192.168.3.20/24

           |LAN IP 192.168.3.1/24
       ---------
       monowall#1
       ---------
           |WAN IP = 10.0.0.1/30
           |

           |WAN IP = 10.0.0.2/30
       ---------
       monowall#2
       ---------
           |OPT1 IP 192.168.22.1/24
           |

           |eth0 IP = 192.168.22.3/24
      ------------
      Cisco Router
      ------------
           |eth1 IP = 192.168.100.1

        Server#2 192.168.100.1

What I need is for Server#1 to connect to Server#2 but appear to be
coming from OPT1 on monowall#2 (192.168.22.1)

This is what I planned to do.

STATIC ROUTES
=============

monowall#1
---------   -------            -------
INTERFACE   NETWORK            GATEWAY
---------   -------            -------
LAN         192.168.100.0/24   10.0.0.2
LAN         192.168.22.0/24    10.0.0.2

monowall#2
---------   -------            -------
INTERFACE   NETWORK            GATEWAY
---------   -------            -------
LAN         192.168.3.0/24     10.0.0.1

Cisco Router
---------   -------            -------
INTERFACE   NETWORK            GATEWAY
---------   -------            -------
eth0        192.168.3.0/24     192.168.22.1

ADVANCED OUTBOUND NATING
========================

monowall#1
Advanced Outbound NAT turned on, with no entries (i.e. NAT is turned off)

monowall#2
---     ------          -----------    ------
INT     SOURCE          DESTINATION    TARGET
---     ------          -----------    ------
OPT1    192.168.3.0/24       *           *

FYI, there can be NO NATing done at the Cisco Router

OK all you mono guru's, will this work?

Have I missed anything?

Are the Static Routes Correct?

Can I even do Advanced Outbound Nating from the WAN to OPT1?

The good news is that I have successfully made a connection from
Server#1 to Server#2 and made it appear to be coming from 192.168.22.1,
but only when using IPSEC tunnels between the correct subnets on
monowall#1 and monowall#2. I would like to do this without the need for
IPSEC tunnels.