[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Inevitability <inevitability at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0 on DFL-1000/FGT-200
 Date:  Wed, 30 Nov 2005 22:46:04 +0800
Hi all,

I have recently aquired a D-Link DFL-1000 firewall unit.

It appears to be a clone of a Fortinet FortiGate FGT-200, with the following
specifications:

- Motherboard "EM-562C V1.1" - "Made in Taiwan"
- Intel Mobile Celeron 300MHz 128KB L2 SL5LG (Intel Mobile Celeron)
- Intel FW82443MX100 Northbirdge
- XILINX Spartan XC2S200 for I/O
- Three Realtek RTL8139C 10/100 LAN controllers and three RJ-45 ports
- One SDR SDRAM slot with 256MB PC133 installed
- Two CF slots marked 'Master' and 'Slave' with the Master slot populated
with a 64MB CF card
- One 44-pin IDE slot (For 2.5" HDD)
- One empty MiniPCI slot
- One 9-pin serial port

All in a 1U chassis with power supply.

Connecting via a null modem cable to the serial port provides the following
output:

---
FGT200(02.28.2002)
Ver:02060000
SerialNum:FGT2002801026149
SDRAM Initialization
RTC Invalid.
Scanning PCI Bus...Done.
Total RAM: 256M
Enabling Cache...Done.
Allocating PCI Resources...Done.
Zeroing IRQ Settings...Done.
Checking IRQ Routing Tables...Done.
Enabling Interrupts...Done.
Configuring L2 Cache...Done.
Boot Up, Boot Device Capacity=61MB.
Press Any Key To Download Boot Image.

Reading Boot Image 915222 Bytes.
Initializing Firewall ...

DLINK-1000 login:
---

- I have experimented with a spare CF card, writing the CF versions of
m0n0wall, pfSense, and AstLinux with the same message: "Unable to open boot
device."
- I have experimented with downloading the 'latest' (2003) firmware for the
device, extracting it and writing it to my other CF card and it boots fine.
- I have tried downloading the image via TFTP and turning them into loopback
devices to mount in Linux but I am unable to determine the filesystem.

I am aware that the unit likely has a proprietary BIOS, but I am assuming it
will run a normal image if I can get it to boot.

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Sam